South Gippsland Shire Council invites all residents to be part of shaping the future of the Shire.
There are a number of ways to get involved:
- complete the online survey, will open between 10 December and 11 January
- register to be part of the Community Panel by midnight 12 December
- join the online discussion being held on 2 February from 6 – 7 pm, and
- visit one of the community pop-ups (details below).
Registration for the Community Panel is now closed. You can still get involved by participating in the online survey and/or registering for the online discussion. Links to both are in the boxes below.
THE COMMUNITY PANEL
The Panel’s recommendations will provide guidance to inform the development of the Council Plan 2022– 2025 and other strategies.
- The panel will present its recommendations to the community and Council in April/May 2022
- Community and Council feedback will then come back to the Panel for review
- After review of feedback, the Panel will present its final recommendations to Council in June 2022.
The Panel will comprise 25 randomly selected and demographically representative people from across the shire, and will:
- hear input from the broader community
- consider a wide range of information and hear from expert speakers
- discuss issues, challenges and opportunities.
Expert facilitators will support members to work together in a respectful manner and come to a shared position.
Shaping South Gippsland will ask the community what’s important for our future, in a series of pop-up events across the Shire during December and January.
South Gippsland Shire Council wants all members of the community to have a say in our Shire’s Community Vision for the next 20 years!
Feedback from these pop-up events will be provided to the Community Panel to inform the development of the Community Vision.
The Conversation Caravan will be out and about in South Gippsland at the following locations:
- Saturday 11 December from 8am – 10 am at the Coal Creek Market, Korumburra
- Sunday 12 December from 10am – 12pm at the Kongwak Market
- Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 January 2022 – times and locations to be confirmed